Subscription payments models are becoming more and more popular for apps and services. I can remember a day when there was no such thing on the web but now, I’m finding that more and more services and apps are introducing subscriptions models for their services. This is something I whole-heartedly agree with as monthly micro-payments (less than £50) are easy to manage. Notice that I didn’t say ‘pay for’, I mean they’re easier to manage as in purchase/cancel or put on hold.
Apps/Services I Currently Pay For
- Dropbox – I’m not sure I could live without this now
- Spotify – The most affordable way to listen to music you want all day
- Domain Names
- Google Apps for Business
Apps/Services I used to pay for but cancelled
- Treehouse – Didn’t get the whole Blue Peter vibe
- Github – Wasn’t using it, however, I’m on the verge of buying again
Apps/Service I would pay for if they let me
- Twitter – $5 a month and I’d *easily* do it
- Codecademy – They’ve taken investment, I think their product is so strong they could have started charging ages ago
How about you?
What are the things that you pay for?